Crafting in terms of Nexus, is the ability of one individual to transform raw material into either other processable materials or an item that they can sell which has increased in value. Although the end result of crafting may result in items that are more valuable, within the current Nexus economy people cannot turn a profit without a significant amount of skill. It is a general belief that profits are realized once a user gets above the "Grand Master" level.
While crafting, players will progress through certain levels available. Here are the current levels that players must go through:
- The maximum level for all crafting abilities is Legendary.
- You can do all manufacturing crafts until Accomplished, then specialize in one to reach Legendary skill in that craft. Food preparing, Cheffing and Farming can be done to Legendary regardless.
- You can only gain skill past Accomplished in one craft of the following refining skills: Smithing, Carpentry, Tailoring, and Jeweling.
- Only Mages and Poets may become either a Scribe or an Alchemist, but not both.
Ways To Advance Faster In A Craft
Please note that none of these tactics have been confirmed 100%
- Always perform your skill during your Totem Time.
- Use crafting tiles if they are available.
- If your clan has a crafting room try to take advantage of it. These rooms normally have a bank NPC allowing you to craft without having to leave to acquire additional raw materials. This can decrease travel time while crafting which may be largely beneficial in the long run.
- Concentrate Gathering skills on a single character. For example, do not do woodcutting on all 4 characters. Instead, concentrate on one character and transfer the materials you get to the character you will be doing that craft on for Ee San culture or the Poet Sun quest. Also if you both Mine and Smelt on one character and need to get Ee San on a different one, continue smelting on the same character.