Alizarin is the largest official clan in the kingdom of Nagnang. Alizarin's roleplay is based on the following premise:
Throughout history, Unseen creatures have dabbled in the lives of unsuspecting humans, instigating wars and wreaking all sorts of havoc. Some people have the special ability of Sight and can see the Unseen. These people are especially vulnerable to attack from the Unseen because the Unseen do not like to be discovered.
Misunderstood, alone, and vulnerable, those with the Sight worked in isolation for centuries to combat the Unseen. Alizarin clan was founded to offer a Haven to those with the Sight, as well as to all who require sanctuary.
Alizarin members uphold the principles of integrity, conscience, compassion, and discipline. Their constant exposure to the Unseen has the side effect of turning their hair red.
- Primogen (Triumvirate) Endotime
- High Scholar (Triumvirate) CrystalIce
- High Sentinel (Triumvirate) Mousie
- Voice of the Senate Pishi
- Voice of the Fey ableh
- Primogen Rap
Items of Note
- Alizarin is currently the largest clan in Nagnang, fifth largest in the game.
- Alizarin completed their 6 month probationary period on January 15, 2006.
- Alizarin is the only official clan to employ a Triumvirate, or rule by three. This system was implemented to safeguard against the possibility of Primogen corruption.
- Alizarin became official by a unanimous vote of all Nangen clans.
Gamine (Glee) was a founding member and the second Primogen of Lost Kingdom clan, where she resided for seven years. Toward the end of that time Lost Kingdom digressed from the vision of it's founding members. She and several other original members (Sourkey, YikYik, Nourah, Ibby, Zooey, Rap, Endotime) joined together to form Alizarin Clan.
Various safeguards were implemented in the design of Alizarin Clan so that no single person could act in such a way to undermine the foundations of the clan (and thus repeat history).
- The clan is run by a Triumvirate, or a rule by three people. The majority decision of the Triumvirate over-rides the will of the Primogen.
- Alizarin Senators (known in other clans as Council) are nominated and voted into office by clan members. This prevents the Primogen from showing "favoritism" in regards to who is granted power in the clan.
- Those accused of wrongdoing in the clan are able to choose who hears their case (Triumvirate, Senate, or a random selection of peers). This protects them from being judged harshly by those who may be prejudiced against them.